Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

best crab rolls ever

Recently Walker and I went to Crab Shack in St. Pete. I told you guys all about it. Crab Shack is the best place for crab legs hands down. I took my mom there for mothers day and we had THE BEST TIME EVER. 


That is a vodka ginger ale... She is a riot. 


When Walker and I went we ordered like a million things. Typical of me and walker eating anywhere, which is what makes him seriously one of my favorite people to have a meal with. 
I mentioned that the crab rolls we tried there were not my fave.
They were really big and seemed a little over mixed. The amount of dough compared with the amount of crab was just not right to me. Also the crab was mixed in with the other ingredients so much that there were no lumps of crab left, it was more like shredded crab. 

I have grown up eating crab rolls form Brocatos
It had been a while but somewhere in my memory I knew a crab roll better than the big doughy things crab shack offered. Mothers day weekend I was reminded about what crab rolls should be and the reason I can not be satisfied by a mediocre crab roll. 
We went to visit with my Nana, Aunt Penny, and cousins. Before going we picked up a dozen and half mini crab rolls and a cuban sandwich to share with my Nana. 




We ordered the minis and I personally think that is the only way to go. They are a little larger than an egg and perfect size to grab and eat... again and again. 


I could not wait and had a crab roll right out of the package in the parking lot of Brocato's.


That my friend is how it should be. 

No hate to Crab Shack though I already have another dinner there in the works because of those killer crab legs.

I love south Tampa as much as the next guy, ya know little bars, fancy cupcakes, starbucks. However the authenticity you will find at Brocato's is exactly what Tampa has always been about. So everyone should stop in and check it out. They have a ton of things on the menu and you will not be disappointed with any of them.

#Brocatosdeviledcrab

No comments:

Post a Comment