Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

expecting the unexpected

So I thought for a while about starting a blog, and by a while I legit have been considering it for a few years... I know what you must be thinking... who the F#$% thinks about something as simple as a blog for three years and doesn't get off their ass and start one...on their ass and start one I guess is a little more accurate in this situation. Well I imagine many things kept me from typing but here I am now so lets get to it.

My life has changed about 20 times in my 20s. Which has given me a lot to say and this blog is where I plan to say a lot of that in some way or another. Just as my life has changed I imagine my blog will change over time as well. Two years ago if you came across this blog it would have had a point of view I can not even imagine today. With that said I know where I am now and I am going to start my blog by trying to help you know where that is. So what to expect and just as important what not to expect from my blog. 

What to Expect..

1. Some terrible grammar. 

This will surely cause my mother some serious anxiety. Let me go on a mini tangent here my mom is amazing and super smart. She was a high school english teacher for 23 years after which she held multiple positions in the school system for another 15 years. She retired from the school system and now teaches education courses as an Assistant Professor at a private college. Her degrees include a BA in english education, M.Ed and Ed.S. in educational leadership, and an Ed.D. Yeah she is Dr. Badass. Well guess who did not pick up the literature bug... me. The thing is I can sit here and edit all my post so they are perfect and make sure that I use the proper conjunctions, and tenses, and whatever, but I would rather spend my time talking to you! Or doing things outside of this little internet home that are worth talking about! So I will take a normal amount of time editing and I hope everyone will be able to stomach the occasional use of the wrong sense and a complete lack of commas. Also I curse a little... Thank you ahead of time for putting up with that shit.

2. Crossfit talk.

I am a Crossfitter. The rumors are true... I drink a gallon of koolaid a day, I can talk about crossfit to no end, I adorn myself in the latest and greatest gear hoping it will add some kind of super strength to my small frame, I drink beer and eat high fat foods right after a WOD and feel guiltless because of the sweat angel I left on the gym floor. We are not a cult but we are definitely a tight knit community. My truth about crossfit is this, I didn't play sports as a kid... yes I was one of those weird kids with an easy bake oven but no soccer cleats which led me into my early twenties small but soft and weak. I never had the focus or motivation to work out on my own even though I tried. Crossfit is where I found the things I had missed out on. The hour (more or less) I spend working out is where I find solace on bad days and where I celebrate on happy days.

3. Food and drink.

When I say food I do not mean 12 freezer to crockpot meals that will blow your mind although I love those... I am not that ambitious just yet. My food post will consist of a lot of food that I eat at restaurants. Good food though... so if you are looking for some "expert" advice on where to eat I am your girl. I will occasionally talk about stuff I make and hopefully become a culinary master in the process. Now onto the DRINK... this is where shit gets real. Just as I enjoy food I have an equal if not sometimes a deeper love for drinks. I will tell you all about the amazing artisan cocktails I have at pricey dim lit martini bars and I will also share the stories that come after 6 yeunglings at the local dive ... because we all know those are the good ones :)

4. A peak inside the crazy.

When I say the crazy I am referring to the mind and life of myself C Bunn. This will include my travel, relationships with friends and the like, and my normal chaotic life as it changes everyday. I imagine there will be a couple post that get emo... we all have a sensitive side right? and a couple that are scatter brained as I can sometimes be. I also recently took the GRE and hope to find out which school I will be going to for my MBA soon. When I start I will surely bitch about how difficult it is to get an amazing education at an amazing school :). If I do it right it should be funny from time to time. Basically I plan to just share my life and hopefully I learn a lot and have fun in the process. And holy shit if someone else learned something or got a laugh or enjoyed their day a little more because of reading it I would be super cool with that.


What not to expect... 


1. Professional Pictures.

Although I am like many girls my age in the blogging world... interested in fitness, food, and fun. One bandwagon I did not jump on is photography. I can spend hours looking through photos taken by friends or friends of friends who are amateur photographers. You would think that in 2010 Canon launched one of the best marketing campaigns ever getting all women in their twenties to buy 3 thousand dollar camera and all the accessories to go with. Well in 2010 I was working at a bar and spending every bit of disposable income I made on shots at the bar next door after my shift... that shit was awesome by the way. So while unfortunately all my photos won't be the best they will be taken primarily by my iPhone 5S... thats legit right? Anyway maybe one day I will have a guest who takes badass pictures. 

2. A review of the best mac eye shadow ever.

So I use about three makeup products daily and they can all be found on the isles of one of my favorite stores... Target. My hair is stick straight so I do not spend a shit ton of money on hair product to calm my frizz. Now of course I am a 26 year old middle class girl so I own a naked pallete and I also attempt to contour my face... I also end up looking like I rubbed a bunch of clay on face. So while I might share with you some easy things I have picked up along the way or ways to not look like shit after a workout I will not be turning anyone into Megan Fox. But wait have you guys seen that she has a weird thumb? She is mortal after all :) This also goes for clothes. I spend most of my time in workout clothes so I may never be able to put together a blog full of amazing outfits but I will share which shorts work best for burpees? That is pretty important sometimes my friend. 

3. Kids

Listen I like the little nuggets. But currently I have none of my own. Although I have read other blogs about kids and seen some really awesome stuff about parenting the bottom line is I have no business talking about this subject. I have some friends who are amazing parents and maybe they will drop in sometime. But kids are a mystery to me... crazy little creatures. Killer squats though.. to all the babies out there good work on those squats. It is like their bodies are just mush. Ok anyway.


So there we have it. I have birthed my blog baby, lets watch her grow :)

All that shit will probably be out the window in like a year when my life looks completely different than it does not. But hey until then right.... 


Welcome to my world 
Lets have some fun



No comments:

Post a Comment